Mandan’s slogan, “Where the West Begins,” embodies our community’s rugged and hearty nature evident in our terrain, people, annual celebrations, and heritage, first as a village for the Mandan tribe, then a cavalry fort, railroad town and hub for area ranchers and farmers.
Today, Mandan is a growing city passionately retaining its hometown atmosphere and history. Our community bursts with pride when hosting special events that draw thousands of visitors year after year.
Mandan’s future is bright!
- The Bismarck-Mandan MSA is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas (communities with populations of 50,000 or more) in the country. The area is home to an estimated 131,635 people, according to a 2016 Census estimate, up almost 15 percent since 2010.
- Mandan is North Dakota’s eighth largest city.
- Mandan’s population is estimated at 22,519 according to July 1, 2018, Census estimates, up 1 percent from 2017 and 23 percent from 2010.
- Morton County’s estimated 2017 population is 31,905, up slightly from 2017 and 13 percent greater than in 2010.
Other interesting facts …
- Mandan has permitted nearly 4,700 new residential units since the year 2000.
- Revenue of $2.2 million was generated in 2018 from a 1% local sales tax. Although this is down from a peak of $2.7 million in 2014, it is still up significantly from the $1.5 million collected in 2010.
- And all this happened while the City’s mill levy has decreased from 98 mills in 2009 to 63 for 2018.
Mandan Real Estate Market Update
Current market conditions are valuable to home buyers and sellers. We want you to be confident in your real estate decisions. Take a glimpse into the Mandan housing market with this market update video, or contact us for a full analysis.